Friday 12 June 2009

Lets start at the begining..............

I think I must have got my first verruca in Year 4 so I would have been around 10 at the time. Thats school swimming lessons for you I suppose.

I didn't really go to the doctors until they got really bad when I was 14. The doctors said they would go away eventually and not to worry. A year later my mum took me back to the doctors. By this time it was sooo painful to walk I think I had around 45 verruccas, mainly on my left heel, with a about 8 or so on the ball of my foot and around 5 on the other foot. Once again the doctor said they would go away on their own. We did however manage to get a small tube of white cream for them. The whole tube hardly covered one foot and it was meant to last a week. Needless to say to didn't work they were too well established.

We have tried Bazooka, the Wartner freezing stuff and the extra strong Bazooka but nothing had worked.

We have decided that we have to come up with a solution ourselves.

So this blog is the story of how we are going to get rid of these damn verrucas. We have found lots of information on the internet about banana skins and that is what we are going to try.















This is the worst heel, yesterday evening we cut up the inside of a banana skin and put each bit over each verruca on the heel and then taped it in place with parcel tape.


This is the top of the same foot. We decided not to treat this with banana as I need some part of my foot to walk on!

1 comment:

  1. How long did you use the banana for please? My son has just as many as this and his confidence is so low after trying everything and he’s at such a vulnerable age if 13 so hormonal changes maybe causing a little part of this plus me and his dad had a lot of warts on our hands/legs and verrucas as children so also could be heritary somewhere maybe? Thankyou so much for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete